Remember God’s Abundant Love
“I will recount the steadfast love of the LORD, the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD has granted us, and the great goodness to the house of Israel that he has granted them according to his compassion, according to the abundance of his steadfast love.”
I will recount
In our society, it’s become trite to say it, but that doesn’t make it less true—God loves you.
Stop to think about it: the God of Heaven and Earth—the Holy One, the Majestic One, the King of Glory—He loves you.
Recount it often. Recall it to mind. Remember it. Think upon His love. Dwell in it.
- “But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:21-23).
- “For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness” (Psalms 26:3).
The abundance of His steadfast love
God has more than enough love for you. It won’t run out.It’s in never-ending supply. It’s always there, it’s always fresh, it’s alwaysavailable.
So in the most positive way, take advantage of it. Don’t take it forgranted, don’t abuse it; enjoy it.
- “I, through the abundance of your steadfast love, willenter your house. I will bow down toward your holy temple in the fear ofyou” (Psalms 5:7).
- “As for me, my prayer is to you, O LORD. At anacceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me inyour saving faithfulness” (Psalms 69:13).
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for hissteadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods, for hissteadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords, for hissteadfast love endures forever; to him who alone does great wonders, for hissteadfast love endures forever” (Psalms 136:1-4).