He Will Bring Forth Our Righteousness
“Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.”
Trust in Him
God promises He will take care of us. He tells us He is the Good Shepherd. He is faithful; we ought to trust Him
We are often prone to doubt Him because we don’t always understand what He wants to lead us in and how He wants to do it. Our thoughts are not His thoughts neither are our ways His ways.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
“He leads us in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.” The Lord is determined to lead us in the paths of righteousness. He promises He will never let us go. As the psalm before us says, “He will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light.” It is simply our job to trust in Him; to commit our way to Him who is faithful and able to carryout what He has promised.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 “Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Philippians 1:6 “I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:4, 8 “I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus…who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
He leads us in truth.
We are quick to think of God’s leading in terms of the course of our life. Where He leads we will follow. The Lord is absolutely able to lead us through life, and He does. But I believe God is much more concerned about the conduct of our life. He leads us in truth–His word is truth.
- Psalms 25:5 “Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.”
- John 16:13 “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.”
- Psalms 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.”
Let us commit our ways to Him who is faithful to lead us and faithful to keep us. As Abraham, the father of faith, let us not weaken in faith or let any distrust make us waver concerning the promise of God, but grow strong in our faith giving glory to God, being fully convinced that God was able to do what he has promised (Romans 4:19-21).